UPG Platform Technology – Tools is a systems and software development group delivering to the Refinitiv the management systems and applications required to support its global business operations processes.
Current management applications are a mix of commercial off the shelf management products and bespoke applications, integrated to form a complete automation solution for the business.
The operations processes themselves are concerned with making ready Refinitiv infrastructure within its data centres, with fulfilling customer orders for products and services and then with assuring those products and services during their use.
The group comprises technical strategists, architects and analysts, also software development, QA and system deployment engineers.
• Establish and cultivate effective relationships with development requestors and key stakeholders
• Collaborate with team members and architects to communicate customer requirements and design working solutions
• Assist project managers in developing and maintaining project plans that are clear, complete, aligned with strategy, and accurately estimate resource requirements
• Lead efforts to integrate systems, including off-the-shelf product integration with custom development
• Assist with architecture decision-making for new infrastructure and applications
• Proactively identify and recommend improvements to group processes and technology solutions, implementing improvements that are approved by group leadership
• Balance multiple and competing priorities, proactively assessing risks/dependencies and focusing on the appropriate tasks
• Work with leadership in making resource, development and capital recommendations
• Actively incorporate non-functional requirements into solutions, such as performance & scalability
• Understand design patterns, communicate them to development team, and implement them in software
This is a role for a hands-on team leader with current programming skills. Experience of, and comfort with, the following practices is desired:
• “Clean Code” (http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/dp/0132350882)
• Test-Driven Development (test *first*)
• Agile development process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving capability
• Take personal responsibility to impact results, deliver on commitments, and reduce costs
• Programming: Java 1.8+, SQL
• Databases: MySQL and/or Oracle (NoSQL DBs a plus)
• Testing: JUnit,
• Frameworks: Spring Boot
• Server: Tomcat web server
• Development tools: Intellij Idea, Eclipse IDE, Source Control
• Data manipulation and management: JSON, XML, Excel, CSV
• Operating System: primarily UNIX/Linux, MacOS
Education and Previous Experience:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, with 5+ years experience building web and server-side applications and 3+ years as a lead
• Practical project and personnel management skills with respect to small to medium scale software projects
Applicants must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to provide a work permit.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
ผู้ที่สนใจสามารถส่ง Resume พร้อมระบุตำแหน่งที่ต้องการสมัครมาได้ที่ firstname.lastname@example.org