Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline.
- Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow-up by others.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position company’s products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category.
- Some specialists also responsible for selling outsourcing deals.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale.
- For Services Consultants: Focus on growing contractual renewals for mid-to-large accounts with more complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities
- Works on company’s larger accounts.
- May perform project management role.
- May invest time working external partners.
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer; interfaces with all levels, including highest within customer organization.
- May develop business plan in conjunction with customer.
- Typically assigned higher than average quota.
- College Degree
- University or Bachelor’s degree
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- Typically 2-3 years of product sales experience in the desired specialty.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understanding of the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings.
- Expert knowledge in Siebel
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Expertise in industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.