As a VMware Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and technologies. The position requires the ability to execute small projects independently and to implement high-quality technical solutions based on VMware’s server and desktop products.
– Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers
– Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
– Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
– Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner.
– Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
– Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
– 5+ years of relevant experience
– At least 3 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
– Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
– At least several years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
– Strong practical Unix or Linux systems administration skills
– Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows NT and Windows 2000 operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
– Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
– Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
– Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
– Strong Perl programming/scripting skills desired. Programming in C/C++ and Unix shell are also an advantage
– A good practical understanding of Web-based application development, including cgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
– Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time, including international
– B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
78213BRWhy work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.