Job ID 17000OY6Date posted 07/20/2017Location Yannawa, Bangkok
Senior Systems Engineer–17000OY6
PSEs are a critical component of the EMC Channel Optimization Program. The PSE are Technical generalists & portfolio architect for partners. Working with the Channel Sales team, they train and enable Partners to be independent as they position, sell and compete with DELL EMC products, solutions and services to their customer base. PSEs develop deep relationships with Partners and their presales technical engineers to create and expand DELL EMC mindshare. They influence and drive Partners to propose solutions for all DELL EMC related opportunities within their customer base. PSEs coach and mentor Partners in sales techniques and strategies to drive sales and accelerate their independence. They are the DELL EMC evangelists and lead our partners in our customers’ journey to Cloud.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The PSE works on 50/30/20 model in terms of their time.
The 50% of time is spent on Channel technical empowerment and community building.
The 30% time is spent on Channel technical deal support in front of customer showing Partner technical resources the best sales approach and technics
The 20% time is spent on Channel solutions & cross selling helping DELL EMC sell the big picture to partners, up selling and cross selling solutions.
- Assist Channel Sales team to proactively develop Partners or Service Providers to achieve business objectives.
- The PSE can be dedicated to a specific Partner or cover several Partners depending upon business plans. This dedication may require more detailed specific product knowledge in addition to general DELL EMC product/solution knowledge.
- Participates in the Partner business planning process with the responsible Channel Partner Account Manager.
- Focus on technical certification and partner champion identification
- Focus on the on-going technical readiness and DELL EMC solution selling and differentiation capabilities of partner SEs
- Identifies new product lines and solutions that would be suitable for the partner to sell, and assists in competitive positioning .
- Defines Technical Business Plan together with Channel Partner Account Manager for the partner.
- Promotes new technologies and services offerings
- Assist the Channel Sales team in the creation of specific Partner development priorities and work with the Partner Enablement team (PEP) on the creation of a Partner Training plan to be executed for specific partners
- Educate and Mentor the Partner and encourage adoption of DELL EMC channel sales tools and procedures.
- Educate and Mentor the Partner on how to fully qualify opportunities (how to gather information, use support matrix, pre-site process from a technical point of view).
- Work with channel team to identify Partner Presales individuals to participate in Champions and Global Practices calls.
- As part of the presales mentoring process, advise and provide assistance based on partner knowledge as appropriate for large or very complex proposals to the Account Team and the partner in a consultative way
- Advise/consult the partner sales team for preparing customer meetings, product presentations/demonstrations and competitive positioning together with the Account team (if engaged) and partner.
- Advise/consult partner sales team in preparing configuration definition, documentation and offer generation together with the partner.
- Support the sales campaigns from a technical perspective in regards to the knowledge about partner engagement and Account Team approach.
- Assist in the penetration of large account if partner is involved and Account team is engaged as a consulting resource.
- Coordinate with Channel Sales and other DELL EMC specialist resources as needed.
- Engage DELL EMC Professional Services as needed and appropriate to enhance Partner offering outside of the Partners service capabilities
- Expertise in DELL EMC technologies.
- Excellent knowledge in VMware, Microsoft, Oracle , SAP and key market technologies leaders.
- Excellent knowledge in networking technologies.
- Strong Partner business model knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of DELL EMC Partner development tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Consultative selling skills and proven customer/partner management.
- Broad understanding of platform and applications.
- Strong matrix team management abilities.
- Consensus building skills, innovative, independent self starter.
- Excellent verbal and written cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree with focus on Business and Information Technology or equivalent job experience.
Vendors certification will be a plus
Life at DellLearn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell