The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
You will problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative and innovative. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, as well as a variety of both regional and international customers.
Your previous experience with cloud platforms and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems, and SQL-based relational databases will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You will leverage your strong relationships with customers to help Google grow its business and bring our product portfolio into companies, both big and small, around the world.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to including supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to such as whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing best practice advice to customers on how to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS and IaaS technologies, Linux, Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XSLT/XHTML/HTML). Experience with enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Demonstrable ability to create demo scripts in any one of the following scripting/programming languages: C#, Python, Perl and/or shell.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly prototype proofs-of-concept and technical demonstrations.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT space.
- Background in and/or knowledge of enterprise messaging systems.
- Excellent technical, communication and organizational skills.