Google’s line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
The Southeast Asia Channel Partnerships team focuses on building and managing long-term relationships with partners that scale the sales and management of Google’s advertising products to a range of Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) advertisers. We are focused on empowering Small- and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) with Google AdWords and other advertising solutions. Members of this team work cross-functionally across Google’s organization, gain broad exposure to a range of Google products, and will interact daily with leading partners from large media companies to venture backed start-ups from across Southeast Asia.
As a Strategic Partner Manager, you will be responsible for managing relationships with a portfolio of our leading channel partners. The role requires high levels of entrepreneurial and strategic thinking, as you help our partners define their strategic direction in the digital marketplace. You will provide the business development expertise to drive growth through Google GMS channel.
You will work with our partners to help them build their capabilities and work with them to develop the capacity to manage advertiser relationships over the long term. In addition, you’re capable of working in a rapidly changing industry, tolerating and thriving in ambiguity, and demonstrating problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Lead implementation of various initiatives cross-functionally (marketing, sales enablement, product training, account management, strategic planning) to identify roadblocks and to provide strategic recommendations for partners.
- Manage Google partners and maintain partner relationships at the executive levels and across organizations.
- Develop strategic business plans for partners with an eye toward identifying creative initiatives.
- Ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that Google is providing the required support for them to do so.
- Lead ad hoc projects, both internally and externally, focused on the strategic growth of the program.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience, including commercial partner management, business development or strategic consulting experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Thai fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Industry experience in working directly with traditional media companies, or online media companies focused on local search, and/or developing channel programs with small business merchants.
- Experience delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders with the objective of improving commercial performance.
- Passion for commercial management, data analysis and technology.