Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Key Account Manager in Thailand, for the Amazon Global Selling business. The Account Executive will be responsible for marketing Amazon’s global marketplaces and identifying, and targeting sellers of all sizes to grow the Seller’s business around the world. This person will be the primary point of contact for sellers located in Thailand throughout large parts of the new Seller account process. The Account Executive will be chartered with locating, targeting, marketing to and managing a pipeline of prospective Sellers comprised of a mix of both high value and transactional Global Sellers. The primary goal of this role is to aggressively market to these Sellers the benefits of selling their products through Amazon’s global marketplaces to support the Amazon Global Selling business in meeting its account acquisition and output goals. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the senior management and executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to assist in creating compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
Background on Amazon Global Selling: The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in 10 countries and exceeds 40% of total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
The ideal candidate will need to be agile in their approach and able to deal successfully with contacts at all levels while discussing Global Selling on Amazon value proposition. Specifically, this person will be responsible not only for identifying, marketing to, and managing a pipeline of prospective merchants, but also supporting high value projects to help expand our global outreach. Additional projects include working closely with other Amazon product teams, category managers, and all other internal stakeholders in order to provide support in scaling our Global Selling outreach and bringing unique selection to all Amazon platforms.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
· Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to the Selling on Amazon program.
· Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Amazon Global Selling business.
· Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
· Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
· Liaise with Amazon’s legal team during contract negotiations with prospective customers.
· Prospect business leads and distribute these leads to Amazon’s global marketplaces to assist the Global Selling business in achieving its quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of local country sellers recruited.
· Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective Sellers as well as respond to business forecasts as communicated by the Global Selling business.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and international markets.
· Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Amazon Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis, and marketplace analysis.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews of the marketing business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the respective territory.
· Meet or exceed marketing targets and operational metrics
Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling product to Sellers
· Engage with merchants to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set.
· Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
· Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Amazon Global Selling business
· Minimum 5 years of successful sales or account management experience, preferably in the eCommerce, retail technology, or software industries
· Fluent in Thai
· Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Experience in marketing nascent products/services in new geographies
· Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate data
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· BA/BS degree preferred
· Proven ability to influence others
· Global e-commerce experience
· Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
· Track record of successfully scaling business campaigns
· HTML and/or SQL skills highly desirable
· Experience of working in Thailand and with Small Medium Businesses