Consultancy : Web Application Developer for MySQL Database
Project : Urban Refugee Program
Reports to : Country Director
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Starting date : 2 January 2024
Contract duration : 2 January 2024 – 31 March 2024 (3 months)
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organization with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organization was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in over 50 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term wellbeing of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs.
JRS Thailand is seeking an IT consultant (this is not a salaried position) to redesign the front-end of our MySQL database, focusing on developing a web-based application (PHP), revamping the input fields to make them more efficient and less prone to errors, and working with our Program Manager to tweak reporting templates for compatibility with the new front-end.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will work with our Urban Refugee Program (URP) team in Bangkok to (1) understand the programmatic needs of the team, (2) redesign the front-end, (3) fully test the new front-end before taking it live, and (4) train URP staff on how to use the new front-end.
For this three-month (12 weeks) consultancy, JRS Thailand anticipates to begin the consultancy by 2 January 2024 at the latest. Expected rollout of the new front-end is by latest 1 April 2024.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Very good English language (Thai language would be advantageous)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related professional field
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SQL databases and web-based applications
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Good teaching, training and communication skills
- Able to work with individuals and groups in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area
- JRS Thailand will consider both the qualifications and experience of the consultant(s), the technical details, and the proposed fee structure. Although we prefer to work with an individual consultant, we will consider a proposal by a team of consultants.
Proposal Submission Guidelines:
Interested candidates must submit the following information to JRS Thailand in order to be considered. All information should be in a single MS Word document not to exceed three pages.
- Letter of interest or motivation letter, stating briefly the relevant qualifications and experience of the consultant(s) related to the needs of JRS Thailand.
- Technical specifications addressing at minimum the expected outputs and deliverables.
- Fee structure with payment schedule.
In addition, the submission must include as an attachment an updated CV of the consultant(s) and three references.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their submission to email@example.com by latest 15 December 2023.
Late or incomplete submission may not be accepted. Please include your last name and “IT Consultant” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.