The Marketing Programs Manager will work very closely with the Marketing Director South East Asia and other members of the South East Asia Marketing and Management team to deliver the customer/market insights, and customer acquisition and retention programs necessary to power VMware’s continued growth. The Marketing Program Manager will work closely with the Head of Communications to align with and contribute to internal and external communications strategies that develop VMware’s brand equity in the marketing – brands, services, products, programs and people.
Marketing Programs is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans aligned to VMware’s Business Units (Vector) GTM priorities. We are looking for an experienced Marketing Professional to support and assist the marketing team in the execution and roll out of all VMware Marketing Programs in South East Asia. Marketing Programs Manager will be responsible for effective marketing programs including campaigns, events, webinars and other activities to deliver demand for VMware solutions across the portfolio stack – including End User Computing Solutions, Cloud Application Platform Solution and Cloud Infrastructure and Management Solutions.
The role’s core responsibility will be to use a combination of strong planning and execution skills to successfully plan, develop, execute and measure demand generation programs to deliver marketing contribution to the sales pipeline.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
The roles objectives and responsibilities include:
• Quarterly Marketing planning and execution aligned to VMware’s GTM Strategy – including End User Computing, Cloud Application Platform and Cloud Infrastructure and Management
• Defining market opportunities and requirements within the South East Asia and develop a clear integrated marketing plan for the territory
• Building Integrated Marketing Programs that leverage a variety of media assets to reach the target audience and encompasses PR, Channel and Direct Marketing where applicable.
• Drive and execute quarterly marketing plans with meet overall business MBO|KPIs
• Manage direct marketing budget and procurement process
• Interlock with BU stakeholders and PMMs to ensure offers and applicable and available to drive demand
• Develop Segmentation strategies and tailor messages to the relevant audiences
• Database and database marketing management
• Leverage VMware awareness though PR activities, events and seminars
• Manage Agency Partners and Scope of Work Contracts
• Manage VMware’s key platform events including Technology Day, Virtualization Seminar Series and vForum.
• Work with APJ Campaign Team and South East Asia Marketing Team including Lead Development Reps.
• Collaborate with Product/Industry Marketing teams to define key messages and themes.
• Manage Field and Corporate Budget & Resources in line with business priority & direction
• Localize global campaign programs and implement marketing strategies and programs, track and report ROI
• Provide Strategic guidance to local execution teams and lead creative process in developing innovative activities that drive lead generation and maturation.
• Run, Track & improve marketing campaigns
• Achieve Lead Generation Targets and 1 X lead pipeline contribution to Sales
• Measure ROI against Campaign execution and deliver better than “industry benchmarks” against Lead generation and lead conversion
• Assistance in achieving non-core Revenue Targets especially in management, end-user and Cloud Application Revenue.
• Maintain strong database record of contacts and profiled customer data and segmentation
• Demonstrate strong project management skills
• Demonstrate teaming with marketing peers, sales and product marketing.
Required Skills and Experience:
• You will have held a senior marketing position with a minimum of 10+ years marketing & management experience in the hi-tech industry
• Experience in strategic marketing management & market analysis – demonstrated ability to build & execute a marketing strategy with clear goals & objectives to align to the South East Asia business objectives and support the growth targets.
• Managed complex & multiple budget models & funding sources with accountability.
• Is Metrics/ROI focused and knows how to generate leads & track to closed loop.
• Understands sales & marketing integration.
• Clear understanding of how to position a product within a competitive market.
• Clear understanding of the marketing mix and how to build integrated marketing campaigns.
• Has implemented marketing strategies and produced the associated marketing programs & materials with proven results.
• Although not a technician, the candidate will be able to appreciate and understand the technical issues surrounding VMware products and technologies.
• Understanding of the channel market, Systems Integrators & OEMs across the region. Will have worked with many of the key players & built & executed effective marketing programs to support partner enablement and drive channel revenue.
• Capable of working closely with customers, both channel partners and end users to represent the company and products.
• Capable of supporting the sales organization with end users and channel partners.
Solid soft skills: coaching, teamwork, negotiation, interpersonal communication skills, etc.
• Have first class presentation, communication, planning, and leadership skills.
• Be a natural team player and have a desire to work with others for broader success.
Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and undefined environment.
Desirable Personal Characteristics
• Drive, Passion, Curiosity and has a deep understanding and passion for building and understanding customer relationships.
• Honest with High Integrity, Open Communication and Straightforward Team Player
• Strategic Planning and highly Organized.
• Results Orientated – Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take the initiative to get things done
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once (flexible and self-sufficient)
• Ability to work well in a team environment