PropertyGuru Group is Asia’s leading online property company and the preferred destination for over 25 million property seekers to find their dream home, every month. PropertyGuru and its group companies empower the property seekers with the widest option of more than 2 million homes, in-depth insights and solutions that enable them to make confident property decision across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in 2007 and revolutionised the Singapore property market by taking it online and made property search transparent for the property seeker. Over the decade, the group has grown from a regional property media powerhouse to a high-growth technology company with a robust portfolio of No.1 property portals, award-winning mobile apps; best-in-class developer sales enablement platform, ePropertyTrack and a host of industry-leading property offerings such as awards, events and publications – across eleven countries in Asia.
For more information, please visit www.PropertyGuruGroup.com
You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as professional. You strike the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done. You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication.
You have strong feeling of good software design and architecture, yet prefer to express your knowledge through the code.
You have understanding that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into repository, and knowledge of how it is running in production is as important as code itself, hence you are keeping your infrastructure knowledge and skills up-to-date. You have a preferred programming language, but on practice it doesn’t make a difference for you what to use.
- Design and implement efficient, scalable and maintainable cross-cut functionalities for the platform
- Design and implement infrastructure necessary to support the implemented functionality. We are deploying to AWS and adapting Kubernetes, using Jenkins quite a lot to automate delivery pipeline
- Set up guidelines and processes for engineers to ensure consistent architecture across various applications
- Help and coach development teams on application and data designs
- Work with legacy code to adapt it to use cross-cut functions. Our technology stack includes but not limited to: PHP5, PHP7, NodeJS (Express), Python, Java
- Experiment with new technologies to improve the platform
- Maintain proper just enough documentation to ensure continuity
- At least 8 of experience in software development of which minimum 3 years in Architect, Lead Engineer or similar role
- Excellent coding skills – somebody who’s excited about beings hands on with code and trying technologies
- Excellent understanding of architectural and software design patterns
- Excellent understanding of modern web development technologies and practices
- Preferred experience in the following technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, PHP(5,7), NodeJS(express JS), Python, ReactJS, RabbitMQ, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Jenkins, Swagger.
- Good understanding of both relational and non-relational databases and best practices for modelling for these
- Experience with service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Good communication skills and ability to speak both to technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work in a matrix structure with various stakeholders
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humour
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.