Job Description – Solution Specialist – Dynamics
Internal Meta Information
The Solutions Specialist is an Enterprise Solution Selling Role. The Solution Sales Professional adds value by delivering sustainable new business growth from Enterprise customers; provides thought-leadership and delivers business value to customers in a cloud-first and mobile-first world.
The Solution Sales Professional is a great collaborator internally and working with solution partners, has a challenger mentality, is a sales innovator, savvy in the economics of selling and the consumption of Cloud solutions to derive business value for customers.
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft envisions a cloud-empowered world. A world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness and more sky’s-the-limit thinking. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking both their careers – and the cloud – places they simply couldn’t anywhere else.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking things global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what human’s dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
As a Solution Sales Specialist, you will drive sales of Microsoft Dynamics solutions. Some of the things you’ll be doing:
Be a relationship builder, developing a deep understanding of key business stakeholders and decision makers:
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders and business decision makers to understand the customer’s business.
• Develops a deep understanding of how stakeholders fit into the business and the results they want to achieve.
• Seeks widespread support from both business and technical key stakeholders.
Be a business challenger, leading with insights and business value to reframe thinking:
• Has a challenger mentality, always leading with insights, reframing the way customers think about their business opportunity.
• Sells to Business Decision Makers based on business value and business outcomes vs. transactional selling to IT.
• Expert in laying out the ‘business case’ for why new insights and perspectives are important for customers.
• Able to connect new insights about the customer’s business to the uniqueness of a ‘total’ supplier/partner solution
Be a business networker, broadening relationships and influencing views towards Microsoft:
• Has a strong and active business network, always sharing insights that influence thinking towards Microsoft solution.
• Able to leverage network to do prospecting and discovery to a broad community of business decision makers.
Be a strong sales pursuit leader, orchestrator and disciplined seller and operator:
• Identifies partners that can accelerate business, drive business value, make deals bigger and transfer risk.
• Assembles and orchestrates high-quality Cross-Microsoft and partner sales pursuit teams to win new business.
• Disciplined in the way they manage pipeline, opportunities always meeting sales targets and quota.
Who we’re looking for….
• Experienced. 6+ years of demonstrated Enterprise Selling experience in Industry, Business Application sales environments.
• Excellent Collaborator. Builds strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
• Challenger. Adept at challenging perspectives with new, innovative ideas that reframes thinking about the value of Microsoft
• Interpersonal. Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
• Sales Orchestrator. Demonstrated leader, orchestrator of sales pursuit teams, internal and with partner to win deals.
Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
* Growth Mindset. Willing to go the extra mile, unlock own potential and the potential of solutions to derive value for customers.
• Value selling. Very familiar with the latest business value sales methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting, sales execution and selling in complex solution selling environments.
• Business Savvy. Combination of relevant Industry, Business Applications in the Cloud sales experience, business process expertise to understand how customer issues impact their business environments and success.
• Technical Proficiency: Proficient in the core capabilities, value proposition and competitive differentiation of Business Application Solutions. CRM or ERP and Business Application Cloud solutions considered a bonus/preferred.
• Degree: Requires a bachelor degree in Business Administration or Industry-related discipline.