Enterprise Services Delivery (ESD) is a newly formed, worldwide organization. Data Insights is one of the five core technical domains that have been formed. Analytics and Insights play a critical role in realizing our overall company strategy of the intelligent cloud. Data Insights domain is chartered to build the capability to help our top enterprise customers derive the true value from data through cutting edge solutions.
As part of the Data Insight domain we are growing our data science practice. We are looking for architects who are passionate about data and want to apply machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems for enterprises and public sector organizations.
You will help develop capabilities for predictive modeling, text and image mining, recommendations, clustering, anomaly detection, forecasting methods, deep learning and other advanced statistical techniques. You will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions including problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with ML algorithms, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying the models, iteratively improving the solution, building the tools for this process etc.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes, and various formats including tabular, image/video, audio, text and time series. In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in machine learning, distributed systems, program management and partner product teams, on the vision, scenario/feature planning, execution and delivery of scalable solutions as a cloud service.
• Collaborate with end customer and Microsoft internal cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs. Formulate a roadmap of project activity that leads to measurable improvement in business performance metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs) over time.
• Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
• Architect, develop and automate Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions. Iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale.
• Make business recommendations (cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
• Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed.
• 10 years of experience with managing implementation lifecycle for delivery of BI and analytics solutions using data integration (ETL) and visualization tools
• Work experience should involve presales support, risk management, technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management.
• Must have a proven record of delivering business value lighthouse project environments.
• Some business process and people management skills or related experience required.
• Candidates must have a deep understanding of markets, customers and related technology; have the background to provide leadership in the practice and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
• Candidates must have deep understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills architecting and deploying technology to solve business problems.
• Candidates must have industry leading breadth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.
• Complex/Solution Sales training, Sales Methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), effective Services Marketing tactics, Negotiation, Financial analysis, Enterprise Architecture fundamentals, Business Process automation, CRM (Siebel or other)
Role Specific Characteristics May Include
• Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field
• Knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modeling methods, time series, text mining, optimization, information retrieval.
• Ability to prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains.
• Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F#), one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell), knowledge of R. Expertise any of the common ML tools (Weka, R, RapidMiner, KNIME, Scikit Learn, SAS, SPSS, ModelBuilder etc.) is a plus.
• Ability to build production grade machine learning enabled solutions end to end.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.