Data and AI Project Manager
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to drive leading edge technology solutions with the customer? Do you value deploying and working on the latest solutions with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards data-driven organizations? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team?
The Project Manager is responsible for leading delivery of profitable and sustained high-quality Advanced Data Analytics and Data Platform related projects to Microsoft’s enterprise customers in Asia Pacific. This position reports into the Data and AI Technical Delivery Manager for Asia Pacific and will provide project management services for clients across South East Asia.
Microsoft’s Enterprise Services Delivery – Data and AI Domain is a global delivery practice of 1000 professionals who are exceptional services delivery professionals including engineers, consultants, project managers, architects and data scientists and it is the fastest growing practice within Enterprise Services. The Data and AI Domain helps customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft Advanced Analytics technologies.
• Responsible for leading delivery of Data and AI related projects across South East Asia and accountable for project profitability, revenue recognition and other delivery related financial metrics, customer satisfaction
· Support pursuit lead(s), and at times lead, statement of work (SOW) writing during bidding.
· Play key role in reviewing of effort estimation, delivery resource assignment, vetting of delivery resource capabilities according to SOW and commitment, reviewing key reusable IP if deemed fit, set up project governance structure and rhythm according to services delivery methodology.
· Manage onsite and offshore delivery resources during project delivery.
· Responsible for customers satisfaction of projects delivery.
· The candidate is expected to play a leading role in delivery resource and bench management, deal structure and profitable delivery supervision, customer satisfaction
• Preferably Master’s degree (e. g. MBA, engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems management or Computer Science) or equivalent education
· Project Management certification is required.
• Proven related experience (> 5 years) as IT Project Manager with very international large software or technology firms
• Sound experience with different type of services contracts (especially fixed price contracts)
• Proven track record of managing and delivery of very large consulting related projects and thorough knowledge and experience in managing Project Profit & Loss
• Proven experience in managing very large consulting delivery projects in APAC
• Sound Knowledge of IT related project management methodology (e.g. Agile)
• Solid background (> 5 years) of leading technology/solution/consulting presales from enterprise strategy, technology consulting, and large project implementations (> US$5M+ projects)
• Proven experience in managing very large complex projects/client solutions delivery. Deep understanding of the latest technology offerings in the market (for example: mission critical applications development, ERP/CRM/HRM, database platform, business intelligence, enterprise data warehouse, technology stack migration, public cloud, machine learning, chatbots, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics)
Management Skills and Competencies
· Confidence, Impact and Influence, Interpersonal Awareness, Developing People, Optimizing Resources & Budgets, Setting Goals & Expectations
· C-level interactions with customers
· Capable of articulating Microsoft Consulting Services value proposition and business cases around IT trends and Microsoft solutions and technology stack.
· Building and maintaining relationships with key customers and delivery partners
· Analytical and thorough problem solving
· High energy with a strong desire to aspire a team of delivery professionals. Strong in motivating and developing talents.
· Risk management, ability to develop the insights foreseeing the risks of bids, project deliveries, and leading mitigation plans and landing them.
· Strategic insight of the consulting business, what drives the growth initiatives, creates a compelling and actionable growth plan in business/people, landing the plan and delivers measurable progress and quantifiable business results that are aligned with the overall subsidiary growth plan and annual P&L budget.
· Very strong in cross-team and virtual team collaboration: with other subsidiary departments, across Asia Pacific teams.
· Demonstrated ability to make timely, sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, acumen, experience and judgment. Ability to make decisions with potentially incomplete data and conflicting views under tight deadlines.
· A dynamic “get-it-done,” results-oriented perspective with large initiative/project-based leadership experience
· Key agent of driving change
· Value selling
· Strong English (oral and written) communication skills with the confidence to handle C-level communications: presentations, proposals, and project steering committee meetings.
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us in Data and AI and be one who empowers billions!
Come as you are. Do what you love. We’ve always been about recognizing the value that people with different life experiences and viewpoints bring to our business. We embrace and celebrate our differences because we see them for what they are: powerful drivers of innovation. Come be part of our talented community joined by a passion for technology, a dedication to our customers, and a shared set of core values. We work hard to make Microsoft a home for everyone and a place of acceptance, where differences are encouraged and respected.
Microsoft provides a wide variety of flexible working options and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.