Position: ICT Systems Technician
Department: ICT Department
Report to: ICT Manager
Under the direction of the ICT Manager, the ICT Systems technician will provide to school ,computing systems user’s the maximum availability of computer services by serving as technical support in equipment forecasting, evaluation, installation, problem determination, resolution, and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-depth problem determination and resolution for all supported data telecommunications and computer systems
- Design and maintain up-to-date problem determination, resolution, bypass, and recovery procedures
- Act as a technical liaison between applications and systems programmers, and computer operations for network related functional areas
- Act as a technical interface between school and outside vendors in the repair of vendor supported equipment and review of vendor products and services
- Presents to management cost effective recommendations for improving the current computing systems and teleprocessing networks
- Conducts in-depth technical evaluations in the determination of terminal and communication requirements that satisfy user requests. These evaluations will conform to guidelines set by school management
- Provide and maintain air required documentation to support workstation installations, including workstation installation notices and data circuit orders
- Responsible for the planning, installation, implementation, upgrade, problem determination and resolution of a variety of personal computers to be used within school which may be added to existing networks
- Participates in user groups for the assimilation of information on new products, procedures, problems and solutions, training, and policies
- Maintains trouble log(s) for the accurate accounting and reporting of problems and Resolution
- Maintains inventory log(s) for the accurate record keeping of information systems equipment
- Prepares a weekly productivity report, which summarizes activities, problems and solutions, and recommendations for overall system (s) improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of personal computers hardware and software configurations, functions, and operation in relation to telecommunications and networking
- Knowledge of a variety of personal computer manufacturer hardware and software configuration, functions, and operation. (IBM,DELL, HP, Compaq, IBM Compatibles, Apple iMac etc.)
- Knowledge with Local Area Network architecture, equipment and components, management software and tools for network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Skilled in the diagnosis and repair of specific problems relating to PC hardware and Operating System
- Ability to create reports, diagrams, and charts as required for workstation procedures, training, and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers
- Good command of English.
- Proactive, initiative and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com