ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs advanced quantitative analyses and model development to drive decision-making.
- Hands-on experience building econometric and statistical models to solve complex forecasting and pricing/revenue/resource optimization problems.
- Passion for and ability to conceptualize, develop, and deploy new technological applications and decision support tools, including programming models and web applications in Python and working with information technology teams to move models/applications from prototype to production.
- Ability to apply principles of data engineering, including working directly with information technology teams on data warehousing and database architecture projects to support the data needs of the Quantitative Analytics team.
- Experienced across the data science pipeline: writing efficient queries and extracting, cleaning, processing, and visualizing large volumes of data to derive insights.
- Knowledge of best-practice data governance and model risk management: validation, testing, and control standards, including testing of assumptions, computational accuracy, and documentation of model weaknesses and risks.
- Strong professional communication skills, including the ability to explain model design, risks, and outputs, and the ability to interface with executive leadership to translate complex analyses into action.
- Continuous pursuit of cutting-edge knowledge and skills in the fields of statistic, economics, operations research, computer science, and data science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related discipline required.
- Minimum 2 years of graduate-level academic or 3 years of professional experience in a statistician, quantitative modeling, econometrics or data scientist role required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience and advanced proficiency in using statistical programming languages such as Python – SciPy and scikit-learn libraries required.
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related discipline preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics, statistics, engineering methods, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines required to analyze complex systems.
- Interest in and basic knowledge of machine learning and big data analytics.
- Statistical programming languages.
- Technology development lifecycle.
- Quantitative modeling design and validation.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, curious, and inquisitive.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced undefined and ambiguous environment.
- Able to apply principles of the scientific method and empirical research.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- High energy.
- Strategic thinker.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Ability to gain credibility of peers and executive leadership.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com