The System Administrator oversees and maintains all aspects of the school core server systems. This includes maintaining servers and security programs, manages the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, performs troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats.
The System Administrator job duties include but are not limited to implementation, configuration and maintenance of the school core server systems (VMWare, Linux, Google Cloud, Mac OS, and Windows) and Cloud Services (Google Workspace for Education and Chromebook Management) according to the standards identified and complied with security guidelines and policies.
- Perform Cloud-based and physical-based system operation management
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups for both on-premise and on cloud platforms.
- Troubleshoot system, storage, hardware or software faults
- Monitor and evaluate the system performance, availability, and reliability and give suggestions for system health statuses for improvement.
- Back up, restore, and recover the systems.
Newly developed systems and sandbox
- Develop, monitor, and maintain the newly developed systems and/or sandbox before transitioning to the school core system.
User and System Management
- Perform system refreshment, installation, and migration.
- Collect history of performance data to produce and suggest capacity planning.
- Create & maintain the automated process for network account creation for all staff & students
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Understanding of virtualization and experience in VMWare, Linux, Google Cloud, Mac OS, Windows and Cloud Services
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP, and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, and other network services.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org